Have you tried our Notes feature?

Favourite forum game genre?

If you have any questions about running a game, need some advice, etc., this is the place to post.

Topic author
advocatus
Lead Administrator
Timezone: GMT-5

Favourite forum game genre?

Post by advocatus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 am

What genre of forum game (mafia, roleplay, etc.) do you like the most and what do you like most about it? Which genre do you dislike the most and what do you dislike about it? What do you dislike about your favourite genre and like about your least favourite?

Aethyr
Regular User

Re: Favourite forum game genre?

Post by Aethyr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:29 pm

1. Roleplay, since it encourages improvisational writing, mostly within host-decided settings (the world, how reality works, etc.) which lets you focus on developing your character and its actions/interactions. I like the rare open-world settings (players decide the settings as the RP goes on) when it works/the players make it work without the host having to interfere/guide the world creation.

(Tbh I've only participated in one or two RPs on Kong, but I've lurked in quite a bit of every other RP. I'm excited to see what RPs pop up here ^_^)

2. I dislike mafias the most for the lame reason that I'm too lazy to study any popular setups. That'll change though

3. I dislike how much reading is involved in RPs. I used to read things so fast and with good accuracy, but these days it feels like an uphill climb with all the noise in my head :'(

4. I'm not sure what I like about mafias.. I've played too few of them (basic setups)
“The sun kept on with its slipping away, and I thought how many small good things in the world might be resting on the shoulders of something terrible.”

Ruudiluca
Back-End Support

Re: Favourite forum game genre?

Post by Ruudiluca » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:43 pm

That one where a person thinks of a thing (country, number, etc) and gives clues to what it is.

Guess the Country and Guess the Number are awesome.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7100/topics/508644

I love those sorts of games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic